Patience was never my strong suit. I was not exactly keen on waiting for anything. I was the shoot first, ask questions never type... you know that kind don’t you? I’d go as far to say that my lack of it in the past was responsible for significant frustration in those people that know and love me. But no one was more frustrated than me. Then simultaneously The Holy Spirit and GRANDKIDS took over!!
Let me count my personal ways to serenity and patience!
1. The Holy Spirit: As I yielded my life and my emotions to Christ, and looked to become more like Him, amazing changes began to take place. Patience was one of the great results for me!!
2. Then the Grandkids!!! · Fishing!! I know!! It is super hard for all my friends to believe but my twin 10 year olds, Landen and Kyler, have me fishing. Despite having my first cast ever go into a tree and then hooking my ear, the fishing experience has been incredible. I now bring my chair, take pictures, and smile every time I hear, “Papa I got a big one” PATIENCE!!
· Legos!! My 6 year old grandson Henrii loves to put Legos together!! And he is absurd with his ability to read directions and plow forward. I just sit and wait for his call to help him find a piece. I then tell my boy Henrii “ You get credit for 150 pieces, I got 2. He just shakes his head and concentrates on the next accomplishment. PATIENCE!!
· Cars!! I now know Lamborghinis, Land Rovers, Mustangs, and whatever other cars my 4 year old, Graye races up my leg. PATIENCE!!
· Listening!! My other 4 year old, Tysen (Gronk), is a trip. Thus the name Gronk! Every sentence starts out with arms flailing and a stuttering “ NO NA NO NA NO” in rapid fashion. I have learned to giggle and say, “Slow down Gronk. What are you telling me!!” LOL PATIENCE!!
· Barbies!! As the famous saying goes Last But Not Least!! My beautiful blonde granddaughter Everlie Jayne has me combing every Barbie Doll’s hair, exchanging dresses, and dancing!! PATIENCE!!
Fellowship Group: “Having patience is one of the hardest things about being human. We want to do it now, and we don’t want to wait. Sometimes we miss out on our blessings when we rush things and do it on our own time. The Holy Spirit and my grandkids are blessings I never want to miss I hope your patience will grow so your blessings will overflow every day!!